This page shows latest news from our society.
- Thank for visiting the Wilmslow Green Room Theatre website. A copy of our latest newsletter can be found at the bottom of the ‘News’ tab on this website.
- The current restrictions necessarily imposed by the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak mean that the theatre building is currently closed.
- Theatre as we know it is an intensely collaborative experience on-stage and back-stage and can only come to fruition in the presence of an audience. One of the attractions of our theatre is the intimate space in which we operate with audience and actors in close proximity. Naturally this means that our activities will be severely constrained until social distancing is no longer required.
- However we are always prepared to experiment and have had great fun with ‘Zoom’ readings of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Rivals and An Ideal Husband as well as ‘monologue’ evenings. These events are open to all members – you are welcome to ‘listen in’ if you would prefer.
- Although amateur theatres (alongside the professionals) are now allowed to operate we are subject the ‘Rule of 6’ in all areas – on stage, back stage, front of house and in the audience. As our building is small, which is normally an advantage as it contributes to a ‘busy’ atmosphere when the theatre is full, running a production while complying with the Rule of 6 will be extremely challenging. Therefore although options are constantly under review including single act small cast plays and a ‘one way’ system for the audience we are not currently able to provide a date on which we can be sure that productions will resume.